Wednesday, 11 April 2012

I am bored. And hired.

And more or less done with hospitals.

After an eventful year as a hospital doc I am going to make the switch to psych, and a lot of things that have little to do with hospitals.
I am not a native hospital doctor.

And I have a fun job to look forward to. Well, fun, I mean, calling anything that has anything to do with sick people 'fun' seems a bit odd, but, well, I hope you know what I mean.

Which reminds me of medical students.
'How are your clinicals going'?
'I am having so much fun!! There was this [insert random story of very sick person]
'Dude!....'
'.....oh....'

Anyway, so, yesterday I hopped by my boss just to say 'thanks for the cookies and cheerio!' more or less. Partly I think to prove all prejudices against me wrong: I am fine, I am here, I am smiling and I am not crying over dead patients. That, I think, is the hardest part of recovery: being seen as weak by others.

1 comment:

  1. Cookies and Cheerios.
    I want to hear more about hospitals and why your feeling done. Can I call you doctor.

    ReplyDelete