Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Fartlek!

Working on Emergencies sometimes resembles the fun way to do interval training: fartlek. In a single day you can vary between having to work so fast that you can barely keep up to things going slow enough to write a blog post abut it. Right now I am sipping on Cup A Soup while waiting for lab results: patient already seen. As a medic I don't feel compelled to see the 'Hip' in the waiting room; it sounds like something orthopaedics will enjoy.

Yet, sometimes I find myself juggling 4-5 patients at the same time. Whilst dealing with the family of and paperwork and phone calls involved with a fairly young patient dying in here.

You never know what the day will bring. You never know when you will see that red Volkswagen that means it is time to run like hell, or when there will be a pine tree that means time to walk. You never know when there will be joy or tears...

I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you love it - Emergency is way too stressful for me!

    ReplyDelete