Thursday, 14 April 2011

Today is not my day

Allright, because I promised Africa stories:
One of the ironies of South-Africa is: new cars are programmed to automatically lock when you drive. I suppose too many people have been hijacked or robbed at traffic lights: South-Africans lock their car doors when driving, it's safer.
Yet, the back of a bakkie is considered a completely legit place to transport people and stuff. (I deliberately looked for a white-people shot, because foreigners seem to believe that only black people ride there)




Anyway. Woke up with a headache and a fight with my mum (at least, it feels like it, but I probably woke up with just the headache). Took two paracetamol and went to a big market with my grandma and sisters, paracetamol wasn't doing it's job. Yes, they sold cheap clothes there, but I didn't like it. I like cheap clothes if they don't look cheap, you know? I don't want to look cheap.
So really, not much more sensible to say.

Work out: apart from walking around the market, none. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay,were to start
    first, i'm not a med-student, but my boyfriend is (in his last half year now). I'm studying dutch-law (pretty boring :P)
    second - of course you can follow me! I'd love that!
    Third; thanks for the tips, I'm def. going to try the Rijksweg. Currently I'm only at 10-12 minutes of straight running. A few years ago I used to be in perfect shape, but I got a Pulmonary embolism very bad (well, when is it not very bad, I was 18, never smoked, had hockey practice 3x a week and biked for an hour everday). Which really made me bed-ridden for two weeks and feeling like a crippled person for more than a year..
    But! My case got officially closed a few weeks ago, so I can do whatever I want!

    Shame you don't live here any more, we could go for a run (although even I would think of that as scary :P). Any tips from not getting injured? I really want to pull this trough this time.

    When you eventually decide to go to maastricht mooiste, let me know! :]

    btw; isn't living with your parents driving you crazy? I only go there in the weekends.. but I can't stand being there for really long .. :P

    I hope we stay in touch :)

    ReplyDelete