Friday, 11 March 2011

Job Interview nr 1

...of 3.

I never applied to cardiology; I applied to internal medicine. My application got sent through to cardio, because they had no opening in internal medicine. I loved that about this hospital; others don't bother.

I got a job interview at cardio.
I love cardio, for the record, but when I applied at this particular hospital, I had to pick one, and I picked the most obvious one.

I had my sister drop me off (of course, I could have used the tram, but she was driving in more or less that direction anyway) and I found the OP clinic quite easily. The receptionist immediately asked me if I were here for the job interview, I said yes. She went off and told him I was here. (And, since I was 15mins early, the good impression started early)

Between my charm, my cultural background and apparently a more impressive resume than I thought I had, it took him less than 10 minutes to decide he wanted me. Having done cardio research, and being a BLS/AED instructor did help too.

I have a job, though I have 2 more interviews. He was happy for me to let him know Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! If only all interviews were so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! What if one of the other job interviews sounds even better and they offer you a job? That would be a nice problem to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete